Thursday 19 March 2009

Proud Mum!

My son's school are having a competition tomorrow. A local florist has supplied 2 Mother's Days bouquets and will give one to the child whose card wins the Mothers Day card competition in both Key Stages!!!!!
I gave Evan, who is 6 years old all the bits for this card last night. The only thing I did for him was to mount the image onto the pale pink layer, he stuck everything down by himself without me interferring (although I was very tempted!!) Don't you love how kids love symmetry!!!!!
He took great care over this and he even asked me if he could have some gems for the middle of the flowers!!!

When he re-looked at it this morning he said, "Hmmmm, I could have stuck that picture in the middle a bit straighter!!" Wonder who he has been listening to!!!
Fingers crossed he may win me a bouquet tomorrow but if not I am so proud of my cardmaking genius!!!!

Please leave Evan a comment if you like it and I will show him them!!
Jules
x

22 comments:

  1. Fab card Evan, you certainly have your Mum's creative streek! Good luck with the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evan, gosh that is fab, I love the image and the flowers. Well Done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Evan in making your beautiful mothers day card. I bet my children aren't as organised as you............They will sneak into my craft room on Saturday evening when Dad reminds them.
    Good luck.
    Lisa
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evan this is gorgeous, I love the colour and all the flowers. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Evan this if fabulous! You definatley do take after your Proud Mum with those crafting skills. Good luck!

    Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done Evan, hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evan that is a lovely card and I hope you win some flowers for your Mum.

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Evan you'll be hosting your own blog, some, Fab card. I hope I get one just as symmetrical!! Hugs Sarah B X

    ReplyDelete
  9. well Evan, you certainly take after your mum and this is proof, it's lovely, you deserve to win. Good Luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Evan, what a great card - your Mum has got competition with you in the house.
    Good Luck love, I hope you win.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Evan - what a fabulous card! I really hope you win your lovely mummy a bouquet of flowers! good luck! Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Evan - your card is fab - clever boy, no wonder your Mummy is very proud of you - John, my little boy who's just 9 is making two, one for his godmother and one for his nanny - well done - Bridgette x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Evan is a true SUPERSTAR - big kiss & cuddle from aunty Steph XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent Evan - you have made a fabulous card with pretty colors, flowers and BLING! I was so happy to see your card on your mum's blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done Evan and fingers crossed you win some flowers for your mum, your card is lovely :o)
    Good Luck
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Evan,it looks fab and i hope you won some flowers for mum!x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done Evan, you're mum had better watch out, you'll be an SU rep next!!
    hugs

    Sharon :-)x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Evan, you're a little star...your card is just beautiful and I bet your mummy is sooo proud of you....your little gems are such a gorgeous touch...good luck with the flowers sweetheart! bx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Evan, you have such a creative flair....hope you won the flowers for your mum, but if not, keep on making cards....cos I need some new ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Evan....that is such a beautiful card. You are a very talented young man. Mum you had better watch out!
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  21. really nice one you are good as you mum, keep going evan.

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a gorgeous card Evan!!!!!very talented like your mum!

    ReplyDelete