Sunday 29 March 2009

Cheers to You!


Happy Sunday everyone, its a lovely sunny day here. I was up and ironing and pegging washing out early to take advantage of the nice day today! (Gosh my Mum would be proud of me!!!)

I have had a nice crafty hour this afternoon whilst the boys played out on the trampoline with our neighbours boy!

Cheers to You is the first set I ever bought from Stampin Up! Its amazing value, £12.95 for 6 stamps, and stamps suitable for men's cards too!!!!! You get 3 cocktail images in the set, a beer mug, a set of champagne glasses and the sentiment.

Now a lovely lady Moira comes to a card class I do and she purchased this set a few weeks ago so I promised her I would make some cards and add them to my blog!!! So here you go Moira, these are for you!! Sorry they took ages!!!

They are all quite simple cards and are all 10.5 cm square, so nice little cutey ones!!

This one is made with Pixie Pink cardstock and the sentiment stamped all over it with the same colour ink, I have decoupaged the umberella and the orange, an idea which I got from my lovely downline Lynne . Thanks Lynne

I have added some black gingham ribbon with rhinestone brads and then the new Oval punches to layer up the sentiment.



Next is a card which could be for a Wedding, Anniversary or Engagement. All using So Saffron colour scheme. The sentiment is from the new Oval All set and again I have used those Oval punches!!! (which are available from me from Wednesday!!! Woo hooo!!)


Scalloped the edge of the card to add a bit of detail and then added some rhinestones for a bit of bling!

Now the mens cards, which we all try and avoid making!!! This one is using the papers called Spiced Cider and I have used one of my new sets of Nesties!!! Coloured the image in with my markers and gone round it with Bashful Blue to make the image "pop" out.

Finally another male card using the brand new Washington Apple papers. I have cut away part of the card at the fron and added the beer on the scalloped circle, the "head" of the beer has been decoupaged too to add a bit more depth.

Again, oval punches came in very handy for this card, I think they are going to be very popular, if you would like to order anything don't hesitte to contact me!

Now then this is what my desk now looks like!!!! I hate getting all messy like this but I cannot seem to help it once I get going, so tonight I will clear up and start on Monday with a tidy desk!!!


Yesterday I went to the Great Northern Papercrafts Extravaganza at Harrogate with my mates Natalie and Diane. We had a lovely time but I was shattered when I got home!!! I didnt go too mad but here is a piccie of what I bought!!!!! I mainly went to buy some nesties as I have really got into those!


Happy crafting and sorry for the mammoth post!
Jules
x

12 comments:

  1. Gosh you have been busy, and fab cards too. I've only managed one card today, I'm really struggling at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, I should use this set more. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love cheers to you, it's such a verstile little set !! Looks like you got some great stuff at the show, I got that craftworks cards goody bag when I went to the make it show, it's brill ! and loving the nesties, you may 'need' them all tho!
    Hugs S.J. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this set, great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hiya hun - so nice to see you yesterday. Hope you had a great day :o)
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cards are fab, Jules, another stamp set to add to my wish list, Hugs Sarah B X

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowww Julie,what a beautiful cards,l love the papers.

    hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Cards Julie, fab Stash from the show I an quite jealous of the nesties!lol
    Geraldine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Didn't go too mad?!! I'd hate to see what you mean by going mad lol Enjoy those nesties, they're lush :)

    Great cards, makes you realise how versatile this set is!

    Not long to go Jules, I'm getting excited lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab bunch of cards - makes me want to go and make something with this set right now! Glad someone else's table looks as messy as mine! Enjoy your new goodies Hugs Kate xxx ps love your new pic on the forum!! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing all those fab cards, I have made some cards with that stamp set, but you've given me lots more inspiration to ink them up again! Fab stash, nesties and craft work cards goodies - yum! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards Jules, love them all! Those new papers look fab too! Great new stash, enjoy playing with your new nesties!! xx

    ReplyDelete