Wednesday 5 June 2013

Happy Birthday Ross!

Hi there! Today is a special day as its out eldest boy's birthday! Our lovely Ross is 14 today! Those of you who know me personally know how much he loves his cricket. He has played since he was 6 years old. A cricket card was therefore in order but we dont have a stamp!!! To the rescue was my wonderful downline Amanda who created a brilliant rugby card with the Pop and Cuts card base which inspired me to make a cricket one!


The card base is made in Bashful Blue with some Pear Pizazz (soon to make a comeback).


I cut the stumps from pieces of Crumb Cake card and the bails are made from the small ticket in the Ticket Duo punch. The ball is made from the 3/4 circle punch in Real Red and I inked the edges and added the seam of the ball with a black pen.


For the front I added Ross name and age with the Big Shot alphabet.


And I made another ball for the "o"


And here is Ross on the left. Think this was from 2005!!!


Happy Birthday my lovely boy xxxx

Julie
supplies
Card – Bashful Blue, Real Red, Pear Pizazz, Whisper White
Papers – Bashful Blue DSP
Stamps – Wacky Wishes (Hostess)
Tools – 3/4 circle punch, Pop and Cuts die, Alphabet dies, Ticket punch, Cupcake punch
Mediums – Early Espresso ink, Bashful Blue ink, Real Red ink, Pear Pizazz ink

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant card and happy birthday to your son x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Jules great card and it has given me an idea for a card for my Yorkshire grandson who also loves cricket!! I don't have the Pop and Cuts but it has given me an idea. Cute photo fo your lads. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Perfect Dad card & just in time for Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete