Sunday 30 June 2013

Flowering Flourishes Technique Club

Good afternoon! Another late post but we were off at 8.30 this morning to go and do our dancing exams!!! They all went really well. My Evan danced beautifully, he is really growing up and he did an exam in the next level up! I had 6 dances to dance for my exams and then 6 to dance with my partner Paul for his! Had a slight hitch though whilst dancing Paul's Foxtrot! My heel got caught in a nick in the floor and my shoe flew off! I ended up dancing half the routine in just one shoe!!!!

Yesterday I held my monthly Technique Club and we used the Flowering Flourishes stamp set. This is a gorgeous stamp set and it is exactly as the name of it suggests, Flowering Flourishes!!!!


This was our first card - the "warm up" card. We used a colour combination of Elegant Eggplant, Crumb Cake, Perfect Plum and Baked Brown Sugar for the afternoons projects.


I showed the ladies how to colour the stamps with the marker pens, there was a lot of huffing (on the stamp after we had coloured it!). We stamped some butterflies and then used an aquabrush to take some of the ink from the edges to colour them in! The sentiment is from Label Love - 3 weeks of owning this stamp and punch and I think I have Label Love!!!!


I have one tired little boy on the sofa now under his duvet! I think I may go and join him! See you tomorrow!

Julie

supplies
Card – Crumb Cake, Elegant Eggplant, Naturals White, Perfect Plum
Papers – Elegant Eggplant DSP (New Designs from 2013/2014 catalogue)
Stamps – Flowering Flourishes - £21.95 (wood), £17.95 (clear), Label Love £21.95 (wood), £17.95 (clear)
Embellishments – Crumb Cake Seam Binding
Tools – Artisan Label punch - £14.25
Mediums – Soft Suede marker, Elegant Eggplant marker, Elegant Eggplant ink

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Julie - must case this one, love the colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, stunning card it looks so elegant, hope you pass your dance exams and the shoe incident did'nt bother you too much x Susan x

    ReplyDelete