Wednesday 8 May 2013

Fancy Butterfly card tutorial!

Since posting my Butterfly card a couple of weeks ago I have had a lot of requests and comments so thought I would do a quick photo tutorial for you (my video man wouldn't film me!)

So here are the items you will need to make the main part of your card. You will also need some ribbon and a sentiment too if you want to make it like mine.


Stamp-a-ma-jig (SAMJ), Gumball Green, Midnight Muse, Papillon Potpourri, Bitty Butterfly punch, Elegant Butterfly punch.


I used these 3 stamps and then I stamped them on each corner of the SAMJ


Position the SAMJ so the butterfly wings are just touching the right hand edge of your card and the top of your card and then stamp.



Keep positioning butterflies closely to each other and close to the edge.


You should end up with something like this!


You then simply cut around these with a good sharp pair of scissors. One of my blog readers called it "fussy cutting" which I thought was really cute!


For extra dimension I then stamped 2 more butterflies and punched them out with the co-ordinating punches and glued them on top.


Add some ribbon and a sentiment and there you have it!


While I have your attention GUESS WHAT ARRIVED YESTERDAY? My gorgeous This and That bundle. Now I have decided I am going to do it all about my 40th year I can't wait to get started!!!


If you would like to take advantage of the discounted bundle while its on offer you will need to order it with me before the end of May! Those local who order can attend a class for only an additional £5. Those distance customers will get access to my THIS AND THATERS Facebook group!


Thanks for reading and hope you liked the tutorial!

Julie
supplies Card – Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse
Stamps – Papillon Potpourri, Friendly Phrases
Embellishments – Gumball Green ribbon
Tools – Bitty Butterfly, Elegant Butterfly, Stamp-a-ma-Jig, Extra Large Oval punch, Decorative Label punch
Mediums – Gumball Green ink, Midnight Muse ink

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the helpful tutorial...your card is beautiful!
    Kathkat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, very effective border. I always love butterflies! Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Julie, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, I have found you via Docrafts and have become a follower. Jane x
    http://thecraftbucket.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, that is a fab card - thanks for sharing.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Jules, your card is stunning! im so in to kraft card at the moment, I must give this a try. thanks for the great tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Jules, your card is stunning! im so in to kraft card at the moment, I must give this a try. thanks for the great tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the original but still not done it ... today it is then!
    Thanx Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the first one you posted - this is fab too! I haven't done it yet, but today it is I reckon - thanx Jules it's beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete