Sunday 15 February 2009

Sketch Saturday Number 38

Gosh I made this card in such a rush today!!!! I had literally 15-20 minutes to come up with a card for my friend for her niece!!! So I thought I would use the Sketch on Sketch Saturday, kill 2 birds with one stone!!!!! Now I am not very happy with the colouring of the bear at all, its all gone blotchy but didnt have time to do it again!



Colour combo is Regal Rose, Barely Banana and Pretty in Pink, perfect for a 4 year old girl!!! Stamped her name "Anja" with the Schoolbook Serif Alphabet, which I have used loads and the Schoolbook Serif Numbers set! The old faithful Circle of Friendship punched out with the matching circle punches and added some daisies for an extra touch.




Regal Rose ribbon adds the finishing touch, you gotta have a bit of ribbon - right???

Hope Anja likes her card (even with the blotchy painting!!!!)

Jules

P.S I am going to be at the theatre from 10am until probably about 10pm today!!!!! My poor hubby has been great looking after the kiddies!! Might have to make him a card to say thanks!!!!!
xx


13 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, I really love those papers. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, the card is gorgeous I know she will love it. The colours are great, I love the Barely Banana with the Pink. She's 4, I wouldn't wory about the colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card honey, the bear looks good!

    Good luck for tonight xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this is so pretty Julie, the image is so sweet and I love the papers. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. 15 - 20 minutes?????
    Gulp!
    This would have taken me all afternoon! Lovely stuff! I'm sure she will love it!
    I see what you mean about the bear colouring, but it just makes him look furry, I think :)

    re. the thank you card for hubby- why should you make him a thank you card for looking after the kids?! Aren't they his responsibility too???

    (Sorry- I'm off that part of our species at the moment, since mine failed to get me a card for Valentine's day!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anja will love it. Such a cute card and well done you with your super speedy crafting. Hope the glue was dry when you gave it to her.
    Hugs
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Certainly doesn't look rushed - such a pretty card Jules :)
    Good on Robin - he's a star x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rushed or not.. it looks fab!
    Hugs, Marlene x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely, love the colours ! Re: Hubby, Any excuse to make a card eh ?! Speak soon S.J. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card, love the colour combo.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Card and a very pretty name too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card. Great colour combo.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh very pretty card !!!
    Thanks for joining us to .S.S
    hugs coco

    ReplyDelete