Friday 13 February 2009

Cute Card Thursday

*****WARNING - CHEESY/SOPPY ALERT!*****

The challenge on Cute Card Thursday this week is Music and Dance! You can use song titles on your card and I was just about to make a card for my hubby for Valentine's with this stamp and the song title came to me in a flash of inspiration! Its the song at the end of An Officer and a Gentleman and we had our first dance to this at our wedding over 12 years ago!!! awwwwwwww!!

I have coloured my Changitos in with SU markers and edged the rectangle with the scallop edge punch!! No need for nesties!!!!! Sentiment printed on my computer and I have matched it to the Chocolate Chip and Close to Cocoa colouring, Regal Rose is the pink colour!

The backing papers are the retired (but still available) Close to Cocoa designer papers and the ribbon is the gorgeous double stitched grosgrain.
I hope he likes it, he will probably think its very cheesy!!!!!!!
Jules
x

20 comments:

  1. It a lovely card. I love the colours, can't beat being cheesy on Valentine's Day, Hugs and all the best for tonight, Sarah X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - I love this. The song words are so apt. Lovely colours used aswell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww,that's sooo nice!!! Robin will luv it,I'm sure ;O)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid I am an incurable romantic so this card scores in every way with me!! Great colours and a lovely image. Thanks for joining in with CCT. Lol Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh what a lovely Idea, I'm making my hubby's card today so I might use our first dance song on there somewhere! I'm glad I stopped by this morning! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, that's brilliant!! Sentiment and image go perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card - you can't beat a bit if cheese at valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet Jules, am sure he will love it, so personal too, thats the beauty of a handmade card :)

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this card Jules, the colours are great, the image is so sweet and the sentiment is perfect :)
    Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwww, Jule's, what can I say? never had you down as such a romantic lol Seriously, I think if I got a card like this from Hubby I'd cry (from happiness!!) - I love cheese lol Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute, I love that stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Jules, I absolutely love the colours. That image is so cute!

    Siobhan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jules,what a gorgeous card...and not cheesy i think it's a lovely idea :) I'm ok thanks are you ?Hows the show going ? Love Katy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. i just love this card,the monkeys are adorable and i love the colours used,you are so talented,andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous, I love the colours and great image. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card, love those monkeys and song words work brilliantly with them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. After seeing your post the other day, I tried to add the title of my wedding song to hubby's card but it got all smudged so I didnt use it in the end, but to my surprise when I opened the card from him on Saturday on the right hand side of the card were the words Truly, Madly, Deeply! How spooky! Just thought I would share it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute! love the colours and patterned papers

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely card - great colours you used

    ReplyDelete