Tuesday 3 February 2009

Papertake Weekly Challenge - Hearts and Flowers

This weeks challenge on Papertake is to use Hearts of Flowers, or both on your cards. I have dug out the stamp set that I purchased at the very first Stampin Up party I went to, which is almost a year ago. It's called Simply Said and I don't really use it enough at all. I have stamped the background with various stamps from the set to make it look like patterned paper. I saw a lovely card that a fellow Demo Shaz had made for Valentines day and she had used this technique.
I used colours from the Soft Subtles family as I don't use them often enough either!! Lavender Lace, Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink

The main image was stamped with Stazon and coloured in with the inkpads and a blender pen. The butterflies are from the Cause for Celebration LEvel 2 hostess set and I have cut around these and made them 3D by glueing with the Tombow glue.
Another load of snow fell last night, my boys have never seen the snow this deep, although they are gutted that school is still open!!! I had promised to take them sledging if it was shut!!!
Jules
x

21 comments:

  1. Scrummy - I love what you have done with this card :-) Thank you for sharing. Spring seems a long way away on a snowy day like today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Julie,the butterflies look luvly!!!

    We got loads of snow here,both Pauls just had to dig the car out of the drive & it really struggled to get out,it's uphill!!! :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card Jules. I can't wait to get my ribbon and paper. Hopefully I can post a card later as I spoke to soon yesterday and we have snow down here now. so not going out today! Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh this card makes me feel like spring is on it's way...
    Lucky you with the snow....none here in Norfolk. My son is gutted LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jules...we has snow Sunday night but i think it was raining last night..made it very slippy first thing so i've been waiting all morning for it to thaw before i dare venture out :)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card, love the colours and the stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, your card is sooo pretty, and I just love the little butterflies, x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a very pretty card Jules, so vibrant and colourful, love the 3D butterflys, gorgeous :)

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jules,

    This is such a pretty card, I love everything, the papers, the colour combo and the images!
    You should use this for a challenge over on
    http://abc-challenge.blogspot.com/
    Its a challenge to use one of yur first stamp sets!!

    Siobhan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty, I love the butterflies and the beautiful colours you have used. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty Jules - love how you've stamped the backgrond xxx
    BTW, just noticed your gorgeous boys in photo below ....awwww

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is so pretty.Love the colour combo and those little butterflies.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Love that fresh colour combo.......this is sooooo pretty!

    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Jules. The colours are yummy and I love how you've created the background paper!
    Hugs, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is really cute - love the green ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

    ReplyDelete