Tuesday 5 April 2016

Project Life with Stampin Up International Blog Hop

Hello there and thank you for joining us today for our International Project Life by Stampin' Up! Blog Hop. You may be just starting here or have come from the lovely Dena's blog. Either way you can make your way round by using the list below so that you don't miss a blog. We have an incredible group of talented Stampin' Up! demonstrators who wanted to highlight Project Life by Stampin' Up! Memory Keeping. At the moment you are currently in the UK and you are about to go around the world to different locations.

You may or may not know that I am a HUGE Project Life fan. I wanted to get into it years ago but held off and then when Stampin' Up! started offering the product line I jumped in with both feet. Why do I love it so much? Well there are 2 main reasons. Number 1 is that I want to preserve my children's memories in albums and it's unrealistic to be able to do that due to time constraints with traditional scrapbooking, this way helps me to get more done. Number 2 is that I spent a LOT of time designing cards for classes and events and although I enjoy that process I am not really crafting for ME! So when I do Project Life I feel much more relaxed and know that I am enjoying the creative process but also that I am fulfilling my desire to preserve my children's memories. 

If you are anything like me then you have lots of photos and I will be honest, the initial process of sorting photos, printing photos and finding dates etc is not a simple one but it's worth doing that first. My children were 15 and 12 when I started doing this so I had a lot of catching up to do and I still am, but I feel more in control now.

Today I am sharing some fairly recent photos from our family holiday last year. We went on a lovely cruise around the Canary Islands and these photos are from our Segway tour in Tenerife. 
We had a private tour with a local company in Puerto De La Cruz and I can strongly recommend it. We wore an ear piece and we could hear the tour guide throughout the trip, it was very informative however I was concentrating so much on not falling off that I couldn't really recall any of the historical information he shared with us!
It was the first time my boys had been on a Segway and they LOVED it. These pages are actually from my eldest son Ross's album, hence why he is featured heavily in them. That's another thing I am doing, I am making an album(s) for each of my boys.
I completed these pages at a recent All Day Project Life Play Day that I ran. One of the great things about doing Project Life in a group is that it's very sociable as it's so easy to do. You can talk and craft, which sometimes doesn't always happen when you concentrating on harder projects with scoring and cutting etc..
I do hope these pages will inspire you if you already do Project Life and if you have not already dived into Project Life but fancy having a go then go for it!

Please take a look at my colleagues pages, I cannot wait to see them!

Blog Hop Guest List

Julie
shop now
supplies


3 comments:

  1. Oh Julie! I just love your pages - as always!
    You are so right: doing Project Life is fun and it´s something we create something for ourselves. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Julie! I LOVE this project life card collection. I am so happy that you are so pasionate about Project life and I love your tips too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rounded corners. I am too lazy to do that for my albums but I adore it! ;)

    ReplyDelete