Sunday 3 April 2016

Creation Station Spring Flowers


 Hello there and welcome to April's Creation Station Blog Hop showcasing the Botanical Gardens suite or Spring Flowers in general. You may have joined me from Julie B's blog, can't wait to see what she made! I have to admit to having had a bit of a Botanical overload with my ReTREAT days so I opted for an alternative floral design. You may have picked up from me that I LOVE the Birthday Bouquet papers and I am already a little sad that they will leave us at the end of May. I think they have been one of the best papers we have ever done and I plan to make lots more with them before they go!
For this card I used the Brushstrokes background stamp and Blushing Bride ink and set to cutting our all the flowers from the papers. A useful tip that I got from my lovely team member Sarah-Jane, was that don't think the non-full flowers will got to waste, you can still cut those out and add them to the sides or corners of your card like I have done here. 
The gold emboss powder made a come back and I used the Watercolour Words which I love for a nice big sentiment as the main feature on a card. 
Hope you like this little floral number, a bit of an alternative to stamping flowers!

Please use the Back and Next buttons to follow the whole hop, next up is the awesome Kimberley Van Diepen. 
Have a great Sunday!
Julie
shop now
supplies

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous as usual, Julie!! I love the heat embossing on the printers paper--genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Julie. Embossing always brings elegance to a project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Pretty! Love the blooms fussy cut from the DSP and the Gold Embossed sentiment over the brush strokes. So gorgeous! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie - I love fussy cutting and Gold embossing! I l9ve your floral number. D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card! I love the Birthday Bouquet Papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Julie!! I love the designer paper blooms that you fussy cut and added!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card!! The gold looks so pretty with the subtle colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great use of partial DSP flowers Julie … I love your work x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie, I love this trompe l'oeil look! It's beautiful! xoKathyxo

    ReplyDelete