Monday 23 January 2012

Dancing weekend

Good morning. We have been away for the weekend to a dance competition in Kettering so I am a bit late posting this morning!!! We drove down after my scrapbook class on Saturday so a huge thank you to my lovely ladies who helped me clear up so quickly so we could get on our way!!!

We decided to go as we wanted to try and get Evan "qualified" for Blackpool. Last year at Blackpool he danced in the Non Qualifiers and it was a HUGE group of 69 children, all at different and higher levels than him!

This was the venue

Only a few of us went from our dance school and the female teacher Sue didnt go so I had to dance with Evan like the role of the teacher!!! It was quite nerve wracking but I was very happy and proud to do it!! This is us dancing Quickstep, I am the one in black!!


Evan then got the opportunity to dance couples with Jessica. They have never danced together so had only had an hour practise!! This is the Waltz, they didnt get a recall but they did OK!

For the Latin rounds Evan had to dance Jive and he was thrilled that the song we danced to was Olly Murs (Dance with Me Tonight), we love that tune!!!
Evan and Jess then danced the Cha Cha Cha and they got to the Semi Final which we were really pleased with!

Here is Evan getting 6th place for Quickstep - which means he QUALIFIED for Blackpool!

And here he is getting 5th place for Jive - he was over the moon with that one!!

Sorry for the lack of crafting posts!!

Back tomorrow with news of Sale A Bration! If you are on my mailing list my newsletter should hit your inbox overnight!!!

Jules x

2 comments: