Wednesday 12 January 2011

Happy First Birthday to us!!

Good morning - a long post from me today and probably a bit of a "gushy" one!!!! I had a fab day yesterday, I welcomed another lovely Jem to our team, the paperwork went off and I am so excited more lovely ladies are joining our family!!!! Welcome to both Sharons who will sign up this week!!
And then last night we celebrated the 1st Anniversary/Birthday of our Tuesday group card class!! These girls are FAB, we have such a laugh. I sometimes think its more therapy than card making, but we always get the projects finished!!!
So last night I wanted to show them the Party this Way set and how versatile it is! So we made 3 different types of cards - a card for a CHILD, a card for a LADY and a card for a MAN.
And here they are
This is the card for the child, although I am sure lots of "big kids" wouldnt mind receiving it!!
I showed this on my blog the other day so wont go into detail again!

Next up is the card for the female. Similar to one I made for Rachel the other day. The colour combo is Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi and I sneaked in some Pear Pizazz ribbon

Its my Mum's birthday at the beginning of Feb so I thought this would come in handy. All th girls added a friends name etc....

And here is the inside which we decorated using the BLISS set which you can earn free.

And finally we made a male card. This card would work in any colour combo and I am going to try it soon!!! FOr this one we used the Neutrals colour family and the large square punch with a 12cm card blank. The papers are from the Neutrals DSP stack, the most fantastic price of £15.50 for 40 sheets of 12x12. I LOVE THEM!!


Colour combo of Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Early Espresso (which looks a bit black on my photos due to the poor lighting!)

We also decorated inside (on all 3 cards, I will be getting 10 out of 10 from Vicky!!)

So because these girls come to my class every fortnight without fail and because they light up my Tuesday evenings I bought them a little gift of the So Many Thanks stamp set!.

And I also baked birthday buns and decorated them with pink buttercream icing and number 1's for our first birthday!! The photo is terrible as it was dark by now!! They have told me they want more buns like this when we celebrate our 1 year and 2 weeks birthday!! HA HA!!

Thanks girls, you are all stars
Jules x

2 comments:

  1. We always have fun at Tues class, thank you for putting up with us. Thank you for the lovely bun & the super gift. But most of all thank you for helping me discover the pleasure of stamping.
    You are the star xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those buns look yummy - happy birthday to you all - nice cards too!!!
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete