Sunday 19 February 2012

Monthly Scrapbooking Club

Hello there - is it a lovely sunny day where you are? It's glorious here and I am typing this at my desk with the sun shining through from the conservatory - gorgeous!

Yesterday was our monthly Scrapbooking Club and we were using a Spice Cake kit. I saw the paper weaving technique on page 10 of the Spring Mini Catty and fell in love with it so decided to use this technique. I only did the one layout of Ross but I have almost finished an identical layout of Evan. I loved how they have added the Linen Thread and the Antique Brad to make it look like it is a hanging picture.

We used a little bit of fabric on the layout for the circles and the fabulous big buttons.


I was pleased to say that probably for the first time ever, everyone decided to have a go at the technique. Usually the girls use there own creative ideas at Scrapbook Club but this time everyone went for the paper weaving and I managed to sneak a couple of photos!

The one above is Peita's layout of Disney Castle, Peita had slightly chunkier strips of paper - a happy mistake!!!!!!
Ginnette did lovely layouts of her precious cats Garfield and Charlie, here is the Garfield page. Love how Ginnette has cut her strips off at an angle!

We also had our youngest member with us, the gorgeous Ruby!!!! Here she is with a sneaky cheeky smile!!!! Lots of us had a cuddle with her yesterday!

Right I am off to enjoy this lovely day

Jules x

Supplies Used: (All Stampin Up! Unless Otherwise Stated)
1. Card – Very Vanilla, More Mustard, Soft Suede
2. Papers – Spice Cake
3. Stamps –
4. Embellishments – Antique Brads, Spice Cake Buttons, Linen Thread
5. Tools – Lots of Tags die, Circles die
6. Mediums – Soft Suede Marker pen

No comments:

Post a Comment