Saturday 18 February 2012

The big boy cards!

Phew I have only just got my internet on today, its been off all morning!! And the phone line has not been working for a couple of days so we are technically challenged today!!!

Today I will share the "big boys" cards we made in the class last Tuesday for the older male generation!!! These cards feature the Need for Speed stamp set

The first one is using the plane image, the papers used on both cards are the Well Worn DSP.

A very simple card, bit of paper tearing and some of that fab denim ribbon which is perfect for the "hard to put together" male cards. Makes ribbon a bit more masculine. Check it out on page 106 of the main catalogue - £6.25 for over 9 metres.

Next up was a card using the car image, the image I would probably use the most in this set. Coloured in with ink pads and blender pen. The car is on an "off road" track hence the dirty road its driving on!! We did have a laugh at class that night as some of the roads were very dirty!!The sentiment is from the Happiest Birthday Wishes Hostess set.

I actually got chance to doing some crafting to at the class as one of my ladies couldnt make it so there was a spare kit!! I dont often craft but all the ladies in attendance are very experienced so they didnt need my help!! I made this one using the buggy image from the set!

I did stamp the sentiment wonky though and my inks have all bled so it looks like there is blood all over the back wheel - goodness knows where the buggy has been!!!

Right I am going to get my car packed for my Scrapbook class this afternoon, we are using Spice Cake - just when you thought you had escaped some more Spice Cake projects!!!

Jules
x

Supplies Used: (All Stampin Up! Unless Otherwise Stated)
1. Card – Not Quite Navy, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla
2. Papers – Well Worn
3. Stamps – Need for Speed, Happiest Birthday Wishes
4. Embellishments – Denim ribbon, Brads
5. Tools – Mat Pack and Paper Piercer
6. Mediums – Early Espresso ink, Not Quite Navy in, Crumb Cake ink, Soft Suede ink

2 comments:

  1. fab cards! I neeeeed this stamp set now! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards julie- may have to pinch some more ideas from you. Anne x

    ReplyDelete