Monday 6 June 2011

Happy 12th Birthday Ross!

Good morning!

Yesterday was a special day - my eldest Son was 12 years old!! He spent the day at Lords Cricket Ground with his Dad as a birthday treat watching the Test Match so I hardly saw him all day! But it was what he wanted to do and he had such a fab day.

By Saturday afternoon I still hadn't made him a card. He obviously LOVES cricket and Stampin Up dont do a cricket stamp!! I have used various cricket stamps over the years and end up buying them to make one card!!! SO - on Saturday I cannot quite remember how it came about but I was talking to my lovely friend and customer Ciara, and I suddenly decided to make and Owl Cricketing card!!! I set to work - I had it in my head what it would look like AND...........

this is how it turned out!!

I have to say I am really pleased with this - its one of my rare creations I keep looking at as I love it so much!!! AND the birthday boy thought it was cool too, his words were "It's ace!"

So in more detail, I knew I wanted to add his age as if it was a scoreboard so I used the Woodland Walk papers and inked them rounds the edges with Soft Suede and then added the numbers from Timeless Type in white.
Here is the "Batting Owl"! Now technically he is only holding the bat with one wing, but never mind! Artistic license and all that! I was pleased how the little wickets turned out too!

This little owl here is the "Fielding Owl" he is trying to take a catch!

And an arty farty angle for good mesaure!

I hope you like my card, PLEASE leave me a comment, I would love to see what my readers think!!!

Jules x


Supplies Used: (All Stampin Up! Unless Otherwise Stated)
1. Card – Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, REal Red
2. Papers – Woodland Walk
3. Stamps – Something to Celebrate
4. Embellishments –
5. Tools – Owl punch, Bird punch, The Big Shot, Timeless Type Alphabet
6. Mediums – Chocolate Chip ink, Real Red ink, Night of Navy ink

12 comments:

  1. Well I think is ACE too !! fab work matey. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your card is fab my boyfriend wud love it

    tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'ooowl's'that for a fantastic card xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ross was right, it is ace!! You've done such a good job on this one Jules, well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love how you have turned the animal die cuts into cricket players, Sorry I have not been around your blog for a while as you may know from my blog my mother has been poorly in hospital, and blogging has been playing up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaah Jules - It is just fab. The owls are gorgeous and I love the whole thing.

    Love Terri xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool Howzat!! Love it and Andrew is impressed with the batting owl xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats brilliant. bet Ross loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jules.. well how fabbi is that card, great design.....I am sure Ross loved it...jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a clever card,really nifty too

    ReplyDelete