Sunday 21 April 2013

Thinking outside the Boutique Box!

Good morning! This is a scheduled post today as I will hopefully be enjoying a well earned lie in this morning! Yesterday I ran a training session for 30 members of our team. As always these days are great great fun and I love spending our time together but each one seems to get more tiring (or maybe I am just getting older!)

I took a brave step and decided that all the projects in our training would be male themed and I pushed the girls out of their comfort zones - even making them do male themed swaps too!! I must say the swaps were fab!!!

I will be back with details of the day over the course of the week but I wanted to show you this scrapbook page that was one of the projects during the afternoon! I ran a session called "Thinking outside the Boutique Box" and shared a couple of projects using the boxes for something other than boxes!!! 


I got the idea for this scrapbook page from the fabulous Amy Bollman, she so inspired me with her project. I have to say I LOVED making this and will cherish it as Evan gets older - I just wish I had one for each year of my boys lives!


The boxes have of course been made into pockets and all the elements (barring a couple of silver buttons) are from the Boutique Box kit - the twine, the buttons, the wraps, the patterned tags - everything!



The gift tags have been used as little journal tags inside the pockets and I have written special memories about Evan on these!





I really hope you like this project - I loved sharing it with my team. We also made a card which I will share with you tomorrow. Leave me a comment to let me know what you think and if you would like to create this and live near me I will be re-creating this page with my Scrapbook Club on Saturday 27th April! Message me for a place!

Julie

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea lovely memories and a new way of scrap booking. Ann x x

    ReplyDelete