Wednesday 24 April 2013

Fancy Butterfly card

Hi there, midweek already and usually I love my Wednesdays (its my long day) but not today because I have the dreaded dentist!!!! I have got to have a filling and I am dreading it, don't think I have had to have one since the boys were born!!!

Anyway on to happier things! Last night we had Tuesday Club again and I decided to use the colours of Gumball Green and Midnight Muse with lots of Crumb Cake. I have seen a card similar to this (with less layering) on Pinterest and was keen to have a go.


It's quite easy with the used of a Stamp a ma Jig!


Here you can see the dimension as I added a couple of extra ones on top.



Love this card if I do say so myself!! Hope you like it too!! I will share another one of our Tuesday Club cards tomorrow.

Julie
supplies Card – Crumb Cake, Gumball Green
Stamps –  Papillon Potpourri, Friendly Phrases
Embellishments – Crumb Cake Taffeta ribbon
Tools – Elegant Butterfly punch, Bitty Butterfly punch, Extra Large Oval punch, Decorative Label punch
Mediums – Gumball Green ink, Midnight Muse ink

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous Julie - just love it - permission to case please??
    Love
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Julie - just love it - permission to case please??
    Love
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is an amazing card. How do you get the butterflies flying off the page? Are they just cut out or is there a clever technique to it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is an amazing card - how do you get the butterflies to fly off the page- are they just cut out really carefully or is there a clever technique to it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi this an amazing card - how do you get the butterflies flying off the page? Are they just really carefully cut out or is there a clever technique?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Julie, permission to case for me too please

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Julie. permission for me to case as well please. K xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card, Julie, Love it, love it, love it!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card, Julie, Love it, love it, love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone else is asking, but will toss my question into the ring, too! How did you do the "die-cut" edges?? I'm racking my brain, holding imaginary paper and imaginary punch in my hands here at work and can't figure it LOL Did you fussy cut the outside edges (and if so, beautiful job!)?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julie ... a definite wow card for me! I love all Stampin' Up!'s butterflies, but this is so gorgeous ... gonna try this one for sure, thank you for sharing! I will wait to see re technique for stamping and cutting tho ... please let us all know :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. would love to know how to make this card. I can sort of figure it out, but not exactly.Would love instruction on the technique(s).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Julie. Did you have a die cut for the card base to get the butterfly shapes on the edge? Love all the colors. Very nicely done. Have a great day! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi can I ask has Julie ever answer your questions for 'how to do the butterfly edges' just wondered if Julie DM you. Or not lol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until last week I did not have a facility to reply on my blog and didn't have a way of contacting you, I was not being rude.
      Here is a tutorial
      http://juliesjapes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/fancy-butterfly-card-tutorial.html

      Delete