Thursday 3 June 2010

Something a bit different

On Tuesday night I had my team training and also in a week or so I have a card class making male cards so I combined the 2 this week!!
A couple of weeks ago I saw a lovely card Monica made with a row of ties using ribbon so I decided to make a shirt to match!! I showed my girls at training how to make the shirts (we practised on cheap copy paper first!!!!!!)
Here is the card I made to show them (and the one we will be making on 12th June). The colour combo is Bashful Blue and Soft Suede and I think they are a lovely combo!
The background was created using the Seeing Spots stamp set which I havent used for ages (I seem to say that a lot).
The shirt was made from the Bashful Blue Designer Papers and the tie is of course the Soft Suede polka dot grosgrain.


Added a strip of ribbon to mount the sentiment onto, which is from the WOW flowers set and punched out with the Word Window layered onto the Oval punch.
Hope you like it, I really like making mens cards and must make Ross a card tonight as its his birthday on Saturday!!!!
No weddings for me today, having a well deserved day out with the boys, the sun is shining and we have a lunch date!
Jules xx


7 comments:

  1. Love the card, the shirt looks great and I love the background, Have a lovely day Sweetie, Hugs Sarah B X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Jules, great one for the males! Have a good day. Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab Card Jules
    No creased shirt and a perfectly straight tie !
    Must be just me !
    have a great day
    Hugs
    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an EXCELLENT card Julie ! totally fab !
    hugs
    maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very different... but what a great men's card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've already forgotten how to do the shirt!
    Gem
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie
    I cant gt my little ol' brain around these ties. Is it literally tying a knot and then sticking one of the ends down behind? it seems to be so simple I dont get it!!
    Cazx

    ReplyDelete