Sunday 21 February 2016

More Studio photos

Well I think I have exhausted all my crafty makes to share with you. I haven't done any crafting for over a week as I have been to occupied with moving into The Paper Haven. So I guess there is nothing else for it but to share some more photos with you of the current progress. 
 I purchased this sideboard at a charity shop for £25. Its very sturdy and on castors and I knew it would be great for my card stock and my ribbons (in the drawers). It needed a bit of love so I had half a tin of the sage green chalk paint left and went about transforming it.
And now it looks like this. As well as being great for storage it will also be useful for displays and as a Big Shot station for classes. 
 The builders did a great job building a new toilet for me with a separate sink area and I debated what colour to paint the outside walls and then it came to me to paint it with blackboard paint so I can make a feature of it and write on my classes and events etc....
Nearly there!
 Yesterday was quite a momentous day as Robin and myself moved 2 of my tables down there. There will be another one arriving today. They just fit inside the back of Robin's estate car.
 Along with a lot of my craft supplies from my craft room.
Even more exciting was a visit from my spline and friend Monica who brought me this gorgeous dresser she promised to me as a very generous gift for promoting twice last month. I am so grateful for this and knew it would look fab with my stamp sets in there. You should have seen us, we couldn't wait to get them all in!
 The tables went in too and the tablecloths were put on! Still waiting on another table today and then I should be able to start crafting here. I will have to play about with layouts of the room as the classes occur but for now I put the tables like this. 
 Thank you for all your comments, messages, texts etc about my move. I have been blown away by the support and I know I am very lucky to be able to realise a huge dream of mine. Bookings are coming in nicely for events and Crafternoon Teas have been really popular. March is sold out and I already have a few bookings for the April and May events but still plenty of space left!

And of course if you would like a little freebie in March then don't forget my February Online Code Club is still going strong!
Julie
shop now

4 comments:

  1. It's absolutely fantastic to see someone doing so well in their business. Wishing you good luck and all the best for the future. It really cheered up my morning seeing this today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie - I am so excited for you, everything looks really lovely. I'm really sad I don't live close enough to come along ... maybe one day. Good luck. Helen (Norwich)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking so good Julie, think I am nearly as excited as you are. Can't wait for the next training day!!
    Luv
    Katexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful. I am sad that I live so far away and can't sse it in person. (I live in the States)
    Great job

    ReplyDelete