Sunday 7 February 2016

Creation Station February Blog Hop - Love!

Hey there and welcome to my blog today. You may be one of my lovely regular visitors or you may have come to me because of the Creation Station blog hop! Either way, you are most welcome! This month we are working with the Bloomin' Love suite and the glimmer paper. We were asked to make a Valentine project however we are not huge on Valentines in the Kettlewell household and I would say Valentines Day is probably not as big for us in the UK as in some other countries. But thats not to say that we "don't do love" and when my Dad asked me to make a card for my Mum's 70th birthday, which is in fact today I knew I should use my card for this hop.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM!
I have used a colour combo inspired by the Love Blossoms papers, Rose Red and Blushing Bride with a teeny tiny bit of Crumb Cake.
 I decided to make a Pop Out Swing Card from a tutorial by my super talented team member Amanda, you can find her fab tutorial HERE 
 Now I have to confess to being a bit naughty on this card and I used something that is retired! The "wife" sentiment is from the retired For my Family set, one that I cannot part with but I just had to add it onto the card for my Dad to send to my Mum.
 I hope you enjoyed this card as I really enjoyed making it and hope my Mum likes it!

To visit my colleagues on the hop you can go backwards to Nicole or forwards to Denita!
Thanks for joining us today!
Julie
shop now
supplies

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

9 comments:

  1. Love your swing card Julie!
    Thank you for the link to the tutorial. I think I should give it a try sometime.
    Also love your naughtyness and the fact you made this card for your dad to give to your mum. How sweet!
    Happy Birthday to your mum.
    x Caro

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww Happy Birthday to your Mum and what a beautiful card she will be receiving too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful! Your Mom will love it - the colors work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful Birthday card, Julie. I am sure your Mum would have loved it, and I hope she had a very Happy Birthday. D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Know it made your dad happy yo give it and your mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mum is going to love her swing style card. I am totally admiring all the stampin' and finishing touches. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Julie!! I love this particular fun fold, it has such a WOW factor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun swing card! So sweet of you dad to ask you to make one! Happy birthday to you momma!

    ReplyDelete