Tuesday 13 July 2010

Live your Dream!

Hello there, its a longer post today so please stick around!!!

Todays title is Live your Dream which is the stamp set I have used for 2 cards below. Its also a very appropriate title in another way, but more of that later!
Two of my lovely downline recently promoted to Bronze 2 level so I sent them a card to say Congratulations. I have used 3 colours, 2 of which will no longer be available after 30th September!! The colours are Summer Sun, Pink Passion and Old Olive (which will be staying).
I must admit to LOVING Pink Passion but I am sure Melon Mambo will replace it quite nicely for me!!! I have coloured the image with my marker pens and I love the brightness of it!

Here are both cards together, slightly different to each other!

Onto the second part of Living your Dream!!! When Strictly Come Dancing came onto our screens in 2003 I was immediately hooked! I loved it, the dancing, the music, the glitter, the costumes, everything. But what I wanted to do more than anything was to learn to do it myself!!!! Never having the confidence to just turn up on my own at a dance class I put it to the back of my mind, but still watched the program as an avid fan!!
Fast forward to October 2009 when I went to my first lesson!!! Since then my little Evan started in April, yes he has only been dancing for 13 weeks and he has amazed me!! He has done an exam (so have I too) and on Sunday we entered our first competition!


Here is my little ballroom boy, so so proud of him!


Here he is with his teacher just about to start the waltz. He got a bit of stage fright and told me he didnt want to do it but after a little chat and a cuddle he was fine. He danced so well and to our delight he got through the first round and into the Semi Final!!! Sadly he didnt get into the final but we were so pleased he got through, it gave him a real boost!


Action shot!


He also danced the Cha cha cha with his teacher and then he also danced it with his partner, they did amazing and he led her beautifully!!
I was also dancing, Tango and Paso Doble, 2 very hard ones that I had only learned in 4 hours!!!!Sadly I didnt get through to the final on the Tango but I did on the Paso Doble and I got a medal, and best of all I have qualified to dance in the Grand Finals at Blackpool Tower Ballroom in November, talk about Living your Dream!!!


Here we are together, me and my Ballroom Boy!!!
Thanks for listening today, I am still a bit excited about it!!!!!!
Got card class tonight so the poor ladies are going to have to here all about it!!!!
Back tomorrow
Jules xx

8 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Well Done & Congratulations to you both!!
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Julie and E xx
    Thanks for the card- it was beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how exciting for you and Evan. Didn't he do well......

    And as for you Jules......go girl!!! ....dance your socks off in Blackpool!!!

    Well done both of you

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the piccies at the comp, well done to both of you xx
    oh yeah, great cards too ;-)
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card Julie and well done to you and your son lots of talent in your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done both of you!
    jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Julie, you both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw that's fab for both of you - well done! And what ace photos too, gave me goosebumps!
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete