Monday 2 November 2015

Lovely as a Tree

Woah it’s very foggy this morning isn’t it? To be honest it started here last night. One minute the sun was shining and it was daylight and then within half an hour it was dark and foggy! I certainly don’t enjoy the weather at this time of the year, I’m just glad I have a lovely hobby to keep me occupied indoors! 

Today I am sharing a card made with one of my oldest stamp sets. This stamp set is the only set to still be in our Annual Catalogue 8 years after it launched in the UK! It’s called Lovely as a Tree and it’s still one of my top sellers and apparently it is always in the top 20 stamp set sales for Stampin Up in general!
The reason I think this stamp set is popular is because it has a timeless appeal and the trees are life like, so they don’t date! Also it is great for doing male cards, thinking of you cards and sympathy cards - often the cards that people really struggle with making.
For our Stamp a Stack a couple of weeks ago I decided to make a simple one layer sponged card using my favourite image from the set. To achieve this we simply popped 2 Post It notes across the card (wide ones) and left a gap of about 2 inches and then I sponged with Marina Mist and Pear Pizazz. I then simply stamped over the top with the tree image and the Memento ink pad.
 Really really simple but I hope you think it’s also really really effective!
Do you have Lovely as a Tree? I don’t think it’s going anywhere fast and it’s the perfect addition to your stamp shelf!

I have just created this months Online Code Club which you can use when shopping on my ONLINE STORE and spending between £25 and £150. Please do not use if you spend over £150 as you will get your own Stampin Rewards. Last months pressies have been ordered and are on their way to me and the thank you cards already made, so they will be out in the post to you very soon. Here is the code for November. Please note if you are wanting to make the most of my Christmas Wish List service I will also add these orders onto the Code Club this month so you get a little extra in your stocking!
PPABNZ33
See you tomorrow
Julie
shop now
supplies

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment