Friday 28 April 2017

Lovely as a Tree with Watercolour Pencils



Hello there and a Happy Friday to you! It's almost the weekend! Tomorrow I have a class using the High Tide stamp set which I am really looking forward to sharing with my ladies.

Today I am sharing 2 makes from last weekends Watercolour Pencils class. We used the ever lovely Lovely as a Tree stamp set which is a firm favourite and I an confirm this will be in our next catalogue! Its the only stamp set that has been in all the UK catalogues since 2007!
We used a technique that I picked up from our wonderful team member Amanda's blog. We scribbled some of the Pacific Point and Old Olive pencils onto the plastic sheet from the Stamp a ma Jig and then used an Aquapainter to apply the colour to the image. On the first two photos we stamped onto the Watercolour Paper which allows you to use quite a lot of water and get a good depth of colour.
 On the card below we used Shimmer Card and did the exact same technique but as you can see the colours aren't quite as deep but you do get a lovely shimmer through the colour. 

 Here are both of the cards together. The ladies were very proud of these makes and I think the stamp set was a hit, even since 2007!
 I will be closing the Online Code a little early this month on the evening of Saturday 29th April. Please ensure all orders for this months code have been placed before this date for a free gift in May.

Want a new 2017-2018 catalogue? Are you in the UK and don't already have a designated Stampin Up demonstrator? Then please click HERE to complete the sign up form and I will send you a catalogue in mid-May.
Julie
shop now
supplies

1 comment:

  1. Fab cards, interesting to see depth of colour on the watercolour paper. Lovely as a Tree has to be my favourite stamp set.

    ReplyDelete