Thursday 23 October 2014

Convention Day Two - Part 1

Hello there! I am a little later this morning as I am taking things slow as I ache like mad after a day of dancing practising at Blackpool Tower Ballroom with my dance partner Paulo! 

Today I am sharing part of Day 2 as there is just too much to share in one blog post! The Convention officially began on the Friday morning although attendees could check in on the Thursday evening and collect their bags. It started with this really cool video featuring the Stampin Up staff but I was too engrossed in it and too busy cheering and clapping along to take many photos!
 We were so excited for the start of this wonderful experience! I apologise now for the huge amount of photos in this blog post! I do hope you enjoy seeing them all!
 Here is Shelli Gardner our CEO. Unfortunately Shelli couldn’t make the Convention last year due to an accident so it was so emotional for her to be here this year and it was also the first time many of my team had met Shelli and watched her on the stage. They all commented on what a natural she is and how they loved seeing the CEO of this huge company sit down and craft in front of us all!
 We then had a wonderful and humorous presentation from Pam Morgan. I must admit Pam is one of my fave presenters, I just love her humour and how natural she is. She showed us the new Many Merry Stars set that you can now order and you can see from the photo of Pam on the screen that the largest star is very big!
Here are some of the stars made up.
Before Convention we had been sent a secret email about Shelli’s birthday which was a couple of days before Convention. We were invited to bring a surprise birthday card for Shelli and we did a “Card bomb” which she was so surprised about! Look at all the cards that were collected for Shelli!
 Unlike previous years, this year I was determined to complete my Make and Take cards! I have never made everything at Convention since the very first one 6 years ago. I really enjoyed making these cards with the Kinda Eclectic stamp set which we will be using tomorrow night at my Stamp a Stack.
 Another thing I was determined to take part in was this years Service Project. We packed kits for children who were spending their birthday in hospital. The kits contained a stamp and marker pen, a birthday banner and various other things to help make the situation a little happier. Here I am with my team member Fiona before we packed our kits
 I also packed my kit with my wonderful friend Silvia from Germany. I love catching up with this wonderful girl, she is amazing! I feel blessed to have met her through Stampin Up!
 One kit packed.....
 .....and lots more. In total over 300 of these kits were packed.
 I thought I would leave you with a couple of crafty makes for you until I come back tomorrow with the next instalment! Here are some of the projects demonstrated by Donna Griffiths, another lovely lady!
 One of my favourite displays at Convention was this amazing Christmas table display by Lisa Cornwall! I think it’s just awesome!
Hope you enjoy todays post! If you would like to come with me to Convention next year just send me a message and we can chat!
Julie
shop now

No comments:

Post a Comment