Sunday 25 May 2014

Bridesmaid Scrapbooking

Hello there! I am VERY late posting on here today because I was looking after my niece and nephew last night and I am shattered. I have had to have a nap as I was up very early for a Sunday morning! I'm not used to it anymore! They were very good though to be fair and it was nice to look after a baby for one night only!

Yesterday I ran my scrapbook club alongside my Technique Club and the theme this month was the Watercolour Wonder suite. When I was deciding what photos to use I thought I would use some of me when I was little as my Mum recently gave me lots of old photos. Whilst flicking through them I found some snaps of when I was a bridesmaid for my Aunty Marlene and my dress was peach, or Crisp Cantaloupe in Stampin UP colours, so my decision was made for me. I created a floral framed border using the Petite Petal stamp set and Calypso Coral and Crisp Cantaloupe and then added a square of the DSP.
The photos are from 1980 and already had the rounded corners which was nice. I think these may be snaps someone took as the photographer posed us for photos. I am the taller of the dark haired bridesmaids.
The photographer and his tripod were actually in the photo on the right so I covered him up with some roses from the Stippled Blossoms stamps. We did have a laugh at class yesterday at the expense of Julia who tried endlessly to stamp those small flowers with the Stamp a ma Jig! We got her sorted in the end though!
I love the Feels Good stamp set, it has some lovely phrases and a nice font.
I think my page needs something else on the bottom left but I decided to leave it and come back to it at a later date when I have decided. You can always add extras to it but you cannot remove them once you have stuck them down!
Right I think another nap is in order as I am going out dancing tonight and I am not sure if I will stay awake let alone be able to dance!
Julie
shop now

supplies

2 comments:

  1. I love this page! It's so pretty. Love the colours and the beautiful spray of flowers in the corner xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page Julie - you are a lovely bridesmaid!
    xx

    ReplyDelete