Sunday 6 August 2017

Terrific Thailand!

Good Morning. I cannot believe it is almost a month since we travelled to Thailand with Stampin' Up! so here I am with a little "update" on our trip. As some of you may know I took our son Ross as my guest this time who is 18 and had recently finished his exams at school, I guess it was kind of a little reward for him. 
After a 2 flights and a lot of travel we arrived at our wonderful hotel to be greeted by the lovely Stampin Up staff. Unfortunately our room wasn't going to be ready for 3-4 hours but we managed to freshen up and catch up with people and........
there was a lovely reunion with these gorgeous humans. Was so great to see Sarah again after our trip to the Med last May and I haven't seen Tim since 2014 and Ross has never met him. Safe to say they hit it off, as I knew they would!

 Happily our room was ready an hour before they promised so we headed off to be greeted by this sign on our door, I loved seeing these dotted all through the hotel.
And we had a lovely room that had a patio with direct access to the swimming pool.

After a little rest we went exploring with Sarah and Tim and Ross snapped this lovely photo of Sarah and I walking down the jetty to catch a little boat across to the village. Love it!

 Stampin' Up! signs were everywhere. I think we took over the hotel that week.
This is the hospitality room where you congregate with fellow demonstrators and the Stampin' Up! staff, have some sweets and a drink and play games to win prizes (Stampin' Up! ones of course).
On the Monday morning we headed over to a General Session where we got to see the new Autumn/Winter catalogue and were gifted with lots of lovely new products. It was so exciting and it was lovely to see Ross get an insight into the company too. We travelled in these cool buses.
Those of you who follow me on Social Media may have seen that my hair was loving the humidity and I now have a new found head of beach waves which I have tried to continue since getting back home!
There was a loud cheer in the marquee when it was announced that the trip for 2019 was a cruise around the Greek Isles. 
We managed to get a group photo of the girls from the UK who earned the trip with our lovely manager Paula Gorry and then we arranged a trip into Patong with our Aussie friends who had booked a private minibus to take us there.
Here we are with the crew!
We had a fabulous time at the crazy Patong Beach, lots of interesting sights and sounds and one of the highlights was cramming 9 of us into a disco tuk tuk which really should have seated 6 maximum!
On the Wednesday we had an organised day trip which was a gift from Stampin' Up! and we bumped into some pretty cool bus buddies, Shelli and Sterling Gardner, was lovely to introduce Ross to them.
I LOVED the speedboat trip, it was fast, bouncy and very wet. The weather was against us for a lot of  it but the hard core ones of us managed to stay outside on the front of the boat through some very extreme weather! 
 Part of the trip involved a canoe ride through the caves which was brilliant, not so brilliant trying to get in and out of the canoe gracefully!
 I loved the attention to detail on the whole trip, even the plastic cups from the bar had the Stampin' Up! Thailand logo on them.
 I know lots of you like to see the pillow gifts we received and here was my favourite one, a fabulous weekender bag which I have already put to good use and some lovely new paper from the Autumn/Winter catalogue!
 The whole of Thursday was a bit of a wash out for me as I was unwell but I managed to get myself sorted for the final night on the Friday which was just amazing. We had the most wonderful gathering at the Blue Elephant, it was just amazing and the effort that must have gone into the organising of it was unreal!
 Me and my travel buddy and me with our wonderful CEO Sara Douglass.
 Before long it was time to make our way back home and after being awake for 23 hours I headed straight to bed when I got in. The next day I took a photo of all the wonderful things we were gifted on the trip and I counted my lucky stars that I made the decision to join Stampin Up in June 2008. I feel so lucky to work for this amazing company and so so grateful to my team members and those who continue to support me in my quest to get people crafting! 
Thank you for reading today, I hope you enjoyed it!
Julie
shop now
join my team


No comments:

Post a Comment