Tuesday 8 January 2013

Stampin' Up! - Homework Helpers!!

Hi there and Good Morning!!

One of the phrases my little boy Evan always says is "Stampin' Up - handy for homework"!!! Well last week that was definitely the case! He had the dreaded "Learning Log" to do over the school holidays!!! This "homework" has to be creative and I am sure its a test for the parents rather than the children!! So I had a read of what he had to do and he had to find out about a Victorian invention!!! BINGO!! I had just the thing!!


We have a set coming out as part of Sale-A-Bration called Feeling Sentimental and it has a lovely image of a Penny Farthing in it so I asked Evan if he would like to use it and we came up with this!!


I did help with the stamping of the letters and the Penny Farthings, Evan did the pointy fingers!!! He also inked around the edges of the Very Vanilla card with Crumb Cake ink.


We stamped all over the pages with the Penny Farthing in Crumb Cake ink to create a background


I really hope his teacher likes it, we really enjoyed doing it together!!


Have to tell you a funny story, I left Evan to do his writing by himself and I heard him huffing and puffing from the other room! Turns out he had written Penny Farting by accident!!!!!! Just hope he doesn't call it that in class!!

Please leave us a comment - I will show them to Evan!

Julie

7 comments:

  1. What a great piece of work, and so thoughtful of SU to make a stamp set just for your homework Evan! Gets an A* from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that your teacher will be very impressed with this Evan - Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a teacher, who is about to embark on Victorians with her class, I would be delighted to receive this homework from my pupils. Well done, Evan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, I'm a teacher in Australia, and I would be delighted if one of my students put in this much creativity and effort to complete an assignment. Must agree with what Becky said, SU is so very thoughtful to make homework helpers....if only every school assignment was based around a SU stamp set, my son could have used one to help with tectonic plates for geography LOL Cheers Donna Zammit :) PS only recently have found your blog and I love it, you are so in my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love his homework. Now if my pupils wrote learning logs like that I would be impressed! Would make enjoyable reading. Have to chuckle at his spelling error LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely piece of homework Evan, well done hope you got top marks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely piece of homework Evan, well done hope you got top marks.

    ReplyDelete