Thursday 10 September 2015

Wonderland and some special visitors

Good Morning! This week I have been back to work with a vengeance! I had my Coffee and Card session on Tuesday morning and then Team Training on Tuesday evening followed by another team training event on Wednesday morning. Tomorrow I am running my weekend retreat for 20 ladies, so it’s definitely been action packed PLUS we have had some very exciting visitors this week too!

This is the card we made this week at our Team Training events and also at the Coffee and Card session using the new Wonderland stamp set from the Autumn/Winter Catalogue 
This card is very simple to make and I hope very effective. To get the two tone trees you stamp the first image and then stamp again without reapplying ink to the stamp. I broke out my White Craft Ink pad which I don’t use very often, to stamp the little snowflakes and then I applied some of the new Fine Tip Glue and some very glittery Dazzling Diamonds! Can you see a new punch on there? Yes I rounded the corners with our new fancy Curvy Corner Trio punch! Take a look at it on Page 18 of the AW catalogue, easy to miss this punch.
 So I mentioned our special visitors that we have had this week! You may have heard me talk about my wonderful Aussie bestie Sarah Klass who I met through Stampin Up and just love to bits! I have only had the pleasure of Sarah’s company for one week on the Caribbean Cruise but we “talk” via FB and Skype most days, even if it’s just a quick hello! I SO wished we lived closer, we probably couldn’t be much further away but I will cherish the times we do get to spend together! Well, Sarah’s adorable Mum Jane and fab Dad Brian were over in the UK for a family wedding and drove up from Dorset to visit us for a couple of days! I was over the moon! I have “met” Jane on Skype and talked a lot on Facebook but never in person. It has been a lovely couple of days and an absolute pleasure to have them visit us.
 Jane came along to my Coffee and Card session on Tuesday morning
 And so did her hubby Brian, who sat at a separate table and read his newspaper! He did ask for some colouring pencils and a colouring book though at one point!!!
 My Mum also came along for the morning as I thought it would be nice for them to meet. Here is Jane and my Mum with their finished cards.
I am lucky that I have a job that I love so much. I am lucky that it provides me with some income to help my family and I can be here before and after school for my boys. I am SO lucky that I have met some of the nicest people EVER through Stampin’ Up! and for that I will be forever grateful. Safe trip back Nanny and Pop Pops, we are missing you already!

 I have created a new Online Code which is EHRPKAXP. If you are shopping during September and spending between £25 and £150 then please use this code and you will receive a little gift in the post in early October. 
Julie
shop now
supplies

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, international blog stars! I know they loved meeting you too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie......this was a lovely read. Thank you for being so hospitable when you have such a busy life. We enjoyed meeting you and the men in your life (and that includes Benji) and I enjoyed being part of your Stampin' life for a little while....Jane and Brian xxxx

    ReplyDelete