Saturday 7 June 2014

Zoo Babies Gift Set


Hello there and happy weekend to you, although with the predicted weather that we have I am not sure many people are going to be happy with this weekend!

I love making cards (as you know) but I also love making gifts wherever possible. I am from the camp that believes a handmade card and gift takes much more thought than visiting a shop and buying something off the shelf. So, with this in mind I set about making a present for baby Sophie, my dance teacher and his wife's baby girl. I started by choosing my colour combo which is Pear Pizazz, So Saffron, Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake. I wanted it to be girly but not too over the top pink.
I love the Zoo Babies set, it's so unisex and looks good in many many colours. I used the Stamp-A-M-Jig a lot on these projects to make sure the animals were exactly where I wanted them. This is the card I made. The Congratulations is from a new stamp set going live on 1st July.
My fave part on all of these projects are the naughty monkeys! Love Monkeys!
I purchased this nice frame and created a picture for Sophie's room. I cut a frame from the Blushing Bride DSP using a craft knife and I adhered it to the frame insert that came with the frame and it created a little bit of depth. Some of the animals were stamped and then cut out, others were stamped directly onto the project. The Simply Stars set is on the Retirement List and is still available in clear only.
I used the Banner Punch from SAB that will be making a return to our catalogue from 1st July. it was perfect to decorate the corner of the picture using the Subtles DSP's. 
Of course I had to also decorate a gift bag to pop the card and pressie in so I carried on the theme on a plain brown paper bag.
Also using new sentiments from the same set as the Congratulations stamp.
And here is the set together. I must admit it did take me a good couple of hours to make all these but I hope you will agree with me that it's worth it!
Julie
shop now
supplies
To follow later




2 comments: