Sunday 7 May 2017

Creation Station - Men are our Muse

Hello there and welcome to today's blog share, Men are our Muse! 
I decided to work with the High Tide stamp set seeing as I have been enjoying it so much and I had it out from last weeks class.
This card is very similar to one I already shared but I substituted the wood effect papers for an embossed background in Early Espresso.
I really love making these seaside scenes and love how every sky turns out different each time!
I also made another with the new papers from the brand new catalogue and used a pale whitewash type backing paper for this one and I didn't stamp another lighthouse. I stamped direct onto the watercolour paper and just left it, you can see the lighthouse looks a bit "weathered" because of the texture of the watercolour paper.
Which is your favourite? The dark background or the light?
This month my Class in the Post features the High Tide stamp set and you can find more details HERE
Please do hop over to my fellow SU demonstrator Sara to see what she has been up to!


Julie

shop now

join my team

supplies

5 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are amazing, Julie. I love both of your backgrounds, and the colours you have used are so serene. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, your watercoloring makes the perfect background for your cards. They're like little pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your inspiration! Love these! I've already tweaked yours to make a couple of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this stamp set and your cards are stunning. I love how you have used watercoloring for the background. Would you share how you did the sand? Is it the stamp in the set? You have inspired me to pull my uninked set out and use it for some get well / thinking of you cards. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thank you for your comment, I actually have a video sharing these makes on my You Tube channel here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jw7j8J-lQE

      Delete