Sunday 10 February 2013

Fantastic Day!

Good morning! A nice lie in was enjoyed by all today as we have nothing on this morning. There is even no rugby match for Ross this morning, which is rare!

So yesterday was our re-arranged quarterly training day after we had to cancel due to snow 2 weeks ago! As usual we had a lunch provided and the usual cupcakes too made by my friend Mel! This time I asked her to do them with a Silver Anniversary theme as Stampin Up is 25 years old this year!


They were yummy as usual!


Unfortunately some of the girls could not attend the re-scheduled day so I arranged for them to leave their swaps and we held a "Swap Drop" on the stage and it worked really, really well. People took a swap from the bag/box behind then left one in the box in front!!


In the morning we worked on Sale-A-Bration and I showed the girls the projects I have been using at my Sale-A-Bration workshops over the last couple of weeks.



This is one of the Kraft boxes on page 161 of the catalogue - they are amazing quality and value at £2.75 for 4 and they are a really good size for all sorts of gifts.


The little tag with the new Bitty Butterfly punch.


This was Lesley's lovely card - a little variation on the colours.


I think this is Emma's card - the girls on Emma's table added the Silver Glimmer Card for the large butterflies! Did you know you can earn a pack of this FREE as a thank you from Stampin Up for hosting a workshop of over £150 or placing an order of over £150.


Here is Jane's design - we loved the little rhinestone at the end of the sentiment!!


After a hot lunch it was time to make a class project in the afternoon! I shared the project below with the girls. I originally saw this on Pinterest (LOVE this site) which came from THIS BLOG, ad Vicki originally cased it from THIS BLOG. Thank you for the inspiration Vicki and Erica. As you can see I have put my own "stamp" on it and I created this in metric as I fin it much easier than inches.


This is the project we will be making at my All Day event this coming Saturday! The ladies will make the Card Keeper Box and then will have enough products in their kit to make up to 12 cards to go inside. If you are one of the ladies attending - please don't panic as you don't have to make 12 cards!!!


The papers we have used are the Tea for Two with a colour combo of So Saffron and Calypso Coral  lovely spring like colours!



The dividers where made using the Scallop Oval punch and Teeny Tiny Wishes punched out with the Word Window punch.

I want to share with you also how lovely it looks with some different papers. Here is Ginnette's in So Saffron and Bashful Blue!


And she managed to make her two cards too!


Simple yet gorgeous!


 Hope you have enjoyed a little report from our training day! I will be back soon to share the wonderful Inspiration Stations from 3 talented ladies once I have checked with them that they are OK with me sharing the photos!

Back tomorrow!

Julie x


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all had a brilliant time Julie. I can't wait to get my kit for what you made. Anne x

    ReplyDelete