Monday 24 October 2011

Christmas Scrapbooking

Good morning. Sorry I have been absent for 2 whole days - I decided to have a blogging break as I had such a busy weekend with Family things, workshops, scrapbook club, dance lessons and we welcomed a new member of our family yesterday!! A lovely little female Hamster called Frankie!! I am no longer the only female in the house!!!

On Saturday I had my scrapbook club and we did 2 layouts, I give the ladies a peek at the layouts in advance and also tell them the kit contents so that they can plan which photos they will bring. This month we did Christmas with the new Holly Berry Bouquet papers and the Pines and Poinsettias stamp set.

This is my first page, the photos are from 2004 when we went on the Santa Train with my Dad. It was the nicest one we went on over the years. Ross was 5 and Evan was 2!!!!

We used the gorgeous Crochet Trim (Victoria) and also the popular Antique Brads which were included in the kits
I also used the new Two Tags die which you can see I have used for journalling here, the other tage makes a perfect pocket for your pages which you can add hidden journalling in.

I must say I love this patchwork effect on the 2nd page. I inked the edges and added some fake stitching which I think looks effective!


The letters were the new Big Shot dies, Simple Letters, they are gorgeous.

I managed to take a couple of photos of my ladies layouts before I got distracted and started chatting again!!. The first one is Yvonne's - Yvonne is a new member of our team who I am delighted has joined up, she is a bundle of fun!

The next one is June's, she has scrapbooked her photos of her sons who are now much older than this, in fact the oldest gets married this month!!

The next 2 are Ginnette's, who also became a member of our team this month - about time really!!!!! She is so supportive, comes to every class I do and I am sure she will be a huge asset to Stampin Up!

Hope you like them and I will be back tomorrow with 2 Holly Berry Bouquet cards

Jules x

Supplies Used: (All Stampin Up! Unless Otherwise Stated)
1. Card – Cherry Cobbler, Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla
2. Papers – Holly Berry Bouquet
3. Stamps – Pines and Poinsettas
4. Embellishments – Crochet Trim, Antique Brads
5. Tools – Big Shot, Top Note die, Simple Letters, Two Tags die
6. Mediums – Crumb Cake ink, Wild Wasbi marker, Chocolate Chip marker, Cherry Cobbler marker

No comments:

Post a Comment