Monday 24 March 2014

Happy Watercolour Technique Class

Hi there! I've scheduled this post to pop up early this morning as I will be busy sorting Evan out as he goes on a school residential this week, well for 3 days. I have promised him his favourite breakfast today which is porridge! I will miss our little guy like mad but I have to confess I am looking forward to 2 school run free days!!!
This is the class I delivered on Saturday afternoon. My technique class. The ladies got the stamp set included in the cost of the class and I shared a few techniques with them. Because all the ladies have their own stamps we can do harder makes as they don't have to spend time waiting for stamps. I always start with a warm up card and here it is! Very simple card and I showed the ladies how to make a card blank from the Scallop Square framelit die. We also explored colouring with a blender pen and the ink pads.
So here is the second card. We always do the hardest one in the middle. I know box cards are going crazy but I saw this cute one my wonderful downline Amanda shared using the Scallop Tag Topper punch on the flaps and I had to have a go. Amanda has done a great tutorial on this which you can find on her blog HERE and HERE. Thank you Amanda for the inspiration.
This one took a LOT of work as you can imagine and the ladies got their boxes constructed and things stamped but I think it was a case of assembling the rest at home as we were on a tight schedule!
Here is the back of the card!
And finally here is the "cool down" card. I don't often make tall cards so thought I would for this class. The background is not a new dotty stamp but it is created using the rubber on the end of a pencil! Remember me saying I had to go all the way to Utah to learn that trick!!! Yep!
I shared a little technique on how to have the stamp still attached but cutting the main image out with a framelit. Not sure that is the best description but maybe you get my meaning! A pencil and some fussy cutting is required for this!

Right then I am on my way to do my work today, got a really busy week ahead. It's the last week of Sale-A-Bration so please don't miss out on those gorgeous freebies or if you want to join my team then I would love to have a chat with you! See you later.
Julie
shop now
supplies

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Julie. Can I be cheeky and ask how much you charged for the class. I am wondering if it's a route I should take. I did the box card with one set of stamps and it was tough. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Julie what a beautiful collection of cards your ladies whipped up! Love the colour scheme it works just beautifully(this is a big statement from me as I'm not a pink girls at all!!!!)Thanks for the link for the card in a box. I have made some other ones they are awesome, but love the fact the scallop tag topper punch has been incorporated into the design. Off to follow the tutorial and make these kind now. Hope Evan enjoys his time away and you aren't too sad. Cheers Donna Z :)

    ReplyDelete