Sunday 6 March 2016

Birthdays at the Creation Station

Hey there and welcome to my blog today for the Creation Station Blog Hop, you may have joined me from Denita's blog or may have visited directly to me, either way please follow the links at the bottom of this post to view all of our offerings for you. For those of you who are reading from countries outside the UK, you may not know that it is actually Mother's Day in the UK here today, or Mothering Sunday as it is traditionally known.  

This month however, our theme is Birthdays using items from the Spring/Summer Catalogue. I decided to use my favourite papers, the Birthday Bouquet papers and make a gatefold card as I haven't made one for a while. I used the very versatile Big Number frame lit dies with the Blushing Bride Glimmer paper.
I have a confession to make about this card. As you may or may not have seen, I now have my own crafting studio called The Paper Haven and all my craft items (with the exception of my Project Life goodies) are now down at my studio. Well I have to be really disciplined when remembering to bring things home with me and I was sure I had photographed todays project when I brought the SD card home to edit my photos. Last night I got all ready to edit and prep my blog post and then I realised I hadn't actually even taken the photos! My projects were down at the studio still! So this morning at 9.30 I headed down to the studio and actually decided to do a brand new project, which is this one! Luckily I remembered to bring the SD card home. I am sure I will get into the flow of things soon.
There is plenty of sparkle on this make with the Glimmer paper and the Glitter ribbon but I suppose when you are 50 you deserve plenty of sparkle!

I hope you have enjoyed this project, please do take the time to visit my colleagues, if you click Next you will be taken to Dena at The Creativity Cave (I'm a little starstruck by Dena, love her stuff!)

See you tomorrow!
Julie



supplies


7 comments:

  1. Julie--this card is so cute. I love the gatefold--you've done a wonderful job embellishing the gate!! I'm so glad you shared your new creation with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Julie!! So fun and sparkly! I hope you are doing well after opening The Paper Haven! What a fabulous new space!! Congrats to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutley beautiful, Julie. You had me at 'Pool Party Glitter Ribbon'! Happy Mothering Sunday to you. D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a truly lovely keepsake card for a milestone Birthday. Beautiful Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the sparkle!! You did an awesome job with this set and paper, I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to repeat what everyone else is saying. What a wonderful project , so glad you shared with us. I see all the gate fold cards, but no one tells me what all the dimension are. I really would like to make a card similar to yours, but have no numbers for the card. Could you Please help out a fellow SU demonstrator? Thank you so much for everything. Keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You cranked out a beautiful card in that short time! Do we get to see the original idea? :) lovely work Jules!

    ReplyDelete