Tuesday 9 June 2015

Ross’s 16th Birthday Card

Good Morning. If you are a regular blog follower of mine you will know that our eldest son Ross celebrated his 16th Birthday last Friday. You will also know that he is cricket mad! He eats, sleeps and breathes it and we now live overlooking the cricket ground so he is in his element. Over the years   I have had to make numerous cricket cards and we have never had a cricket stamp in our catalogue! This year it had to be special and I adapted the fabulous swing card that my lovely downline Amanda created and I was also inspired by my downline Anna who changed up the square to a circle and added a football and then my cricket card idea was born.
I used Cherry Cobbler for the ball and I inked it up lots around the edges and also spent a while doing the stitching. The bat was cut freehand with the Word Window punch for the handle, which I also used for the stumps and bails.
 The 16 is from the Metro alphabet which is now retired but I kept this one for my Project Life projects.
 The card went down very well with the birthday boy who thought I got the stitching on the ball very accurate!
Don’t know what I am going to make next year!
Julie
shop now

2 comments:

  1. Awesomely clever and very authentically looking! Well done Julie. Cheers Donna Z :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! You should rightly be proud of that, it's very impressive. Love the stitching - was it freehand or machined?

    ReplyDelete