Sunday 27 July 2014

Engagement card golden style!

Hello there! Phew! I had a lovely lie in this morning, very much needed. Yesterday I ran my last class  until September. Although I LOVE my classes I am very much looking forward to having a few weeks off from classes and events to take time to be with my family and to plot and plan all the lovely things I will be sharing with you from September (more of that later)! 

On Friday night we were invited to an engagement party by one of Robin's cricket team friends. I don't really know them well at all but of course I had to make a card. I turned to the Cheers to Love stamp set which is a new set in the catalogue and is part of the wedding range. I did think though that this sentiment was also perfect for an engagement card too so I set to making it. 
 I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and I embossed it in Gold, the last photo on here shows how lovely it has come up! I never tire of watching the magic happen when you emboss an image with the Heat Tool. I cut the sentiment out with the Banner framelits and then used some of the Gold Soiree papers for the background. 
 I added my new fave ribbon the gold satin! I am seriously loving this ribbon and I need to make sure I always have a full roll in stock as I think it will be on lots of makes and will be lovely for Christmas!
 Here is a photo showing just how lovely the embossing has come up!
If you like todays make then you may want to consider attended my All Day Retreat at the Mecure Hotel in Leeds which is part of my weekend retreat. I have places left for the full weekend and for the  Saturday All Day option and I just know the gold ribbon will be making an appearance in the goody bags!! Please check out my Classes/Events page for more details or drop me an email.
Julie
shop now
supplies

1 comment: