Monday 22 June 2009

Friday Sketchers Emergency Card

Well after a busy week with wedding orders, a Stampin Up workshop and a Card class and then Fathers Day yesterday its my Husbands birthday today too!!!
I had made 2 Fathers Day cards, one for my Dad and one for Robin from the boys and a card for Robin for his birthday from the boys but at 3.30pm today I realised I hadnt made a card from me!!! Ooooppps! So at 4pm I made this one!! I followed the Friday sketchers challenge and used my Junior Varsity papers to lead the way with the colours!
I timed myself and I made it in 21 minutes!!!!!! Not bad really, the sketches really help and the fact the Stampin Up products are so much geared to help with the colour co-oridination!

Anyway he seemed to like it, you know what men are like with compliments!!!!!!! But I have to say he has his cards on the fireplace and the shop bought ones do look so pants compared to the hand made variety!!


So thanks Friday Sketchers for coming to my rescue!
Jules
x

9 comments:

  1. Love teh card Honey, Not bad for a quickie, Hugs Sarah B X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Julie,l love the papers and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Julie

    My husband is hopeless for cards. I just dont make him any! On his instruction I might add. He says "Kid don't bother I'm only gonna chuck it straight in the bin" well thats gratitude hehe

    Divorce?? I think so ha ha

    mandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cor 21 mins, it probably took yopu longer to post it on here, that's super fast. Love it too! Don't ya just love a sketch when ure in a hurry!!
    Hugs S.J. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Jules, I bet he loves it - I do! Loveing those papers and great sketch xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW super speedy card! and its brill, happy birthday to hubby!
    Nicki
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Jules. Love the colours!
    Hugs, Vicky -x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, wish I could make one that looks so brilliant in the same time.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, that was a quick card to make and it ended up so cute! Love the stars and buttons and flipped corner. Thanks so much for playing along with the Friday Sketchers challenge - I'm really thrilled to be the sponsor this week. :)

    ReplyDelete