Monday 8 August 2016

Happy Birthday Grandad

Hey there and welcome back to my blog today. Last week I made a few decisions about my blog and the regularity of my posts. Most of you may not know that I have written this blog since October 2007, before I was even a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. I looked back and I have posted over 2600 times since then, I dread to think how many hours that is but I do love updating my blog and sharing my makes and hopefully inspiring you. Many of you have also watched my boys grow up through my blog, they were 8 and 4 when I started and are now 17 and 13!!!! As you can imagine writing my blogs, taking photos, editing photos etc.. takes a great deal of time and also I want to make sure that I keep sharing quality projects with you and not just sharing projects for the sake of having to update my blog - I hope that makes sense? I can often spend more time in front of the computer than I do creating the actual projects! I am therefore aiming to blog on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday but will add extras as and when required if I have some important info to share with you. When I set this blog up I don't think it was ever my intention to blog each and every day but it progressed into that but I hope now that I can find a realistic way of sharing my makes with you all. 

So onto the actual crafting, today I am sharing a card that I made for my Dad's birthday last week to give him from the boys. I had the debate in my head again this year as to whether to go Granddad or Grandad and opted for the latter again this year - I remember debating this last year too!
I turned again to the Thoughtful Branches bundle for this card and used another watercoloured background. The Happy Birthday is from the Number of Years stamp set and the Grandad is made with the Labeller Alphabet stamps, so useful!
I must admit I do love this one and my Dad did too, he loves his garden and the wildlife in the garden so it was a perfect card for him.
If you would like to get your hands on this bundle you have until 31st August or you could attend the special class I am running on Sunday 21st August, more details on my Classes and Events page
Julie
shop now
supplies
SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic card & both versions of Grandad are accepted now & it's just a personal preference for the individuals lol... I think the decision you have made re: blogging is an excellent one... being in front of the pc is very time consuming & you don't always realise just how much... so WTG you & as long as you still enjoy what you're doing... that's what matters :) xXx
    My Blog Angie's Craft Hideaway

    ReplyDelete