Friday 17 June 2016

8 years ago today.....

.... I made one of the best decisions of my life and signed up to be a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

At the time I had no idea I would have achieved what I have done with it, I just loved the products and the people I had met through it and I knew that there was something special about this company! 

When I joined Stampin' Up! in 2008 my eldest son was 9 and my youngest was just 5 years old. It's fair to say they didn't really embrace Stampin' Up! in the beginning - it took Mum away from the home on evenings and some weekends. However they soon came to realise that once I was established and making a career of it, it paid for treats and contributed towards holidays and weekends away. 

I was only 34 when I joined, a fresh-ish faced new crafter who fell in love with the products and had a desire to be a part of something, something for me that involved spending time with like minded people and I also admit, I craved some female company too.
 I never imagined at the first Convention I attended that I would scoop some awards and I felt so special and proud to be part of this family of demonstrators.
 I have had the honour of presenting on stage a fair few times which I have come to enjoy over the years. 


 I have had the pleasure of building a team of demonstrators and watching them grow has been an honour, seeing how they fell in love with the products and the company just like I did. We have had our fair share of fun times both at training sessions as a team and wider events with other wonderful demonstrators all over Europe.
I have literally travelled the world on amazing trips that I have earned by doing something that I love each and every day. As a person with a bit of a fear of flying this has encouraged me to get on the plane and overcome said fears, something which has certainly got easier over time.
I have taught and helped hundreds of people to stamp and create something that means something. I've seen people shake with fear as they stamp their first card to then attend week in week out and become accomplished crafters with pride in their work, enjoying every minute of their time at classes. I have seen friendships forged at class through a love of crafting and have witnessed how therapeutic crafting has been for people.

Without Stampin' Up! I wouldn't be blessed with all the friendships I now have, be it from Team Members, Customers, Fellow Demonstrators or Stampin Up! staff members. I am so so grateful that my friend Anna hosted a party in early 2008 and Monica was demonstrating for her. A life without Stampin' Up! - no thanks!

Thank you to everyone whose path I have crossed on this amazing journey.

Keep crafting
Julie
shop now

1 comment: