Friday 12 December 2008

Male cards

I was asked to make a male 40th birthday card in a rush last night. I don't know about you but the thing that takes me the longest in cardmaking is deciding on the design. I know have a few "stock" designs in my mind these days and if someone asks for a certain card and they need it quick, I use one of these designs. A bit lazy I know but sometimes needs must!!!
So here is a card for Phil who will be 40!!
Stampin' Up! Choc Chip designer paper for the background with the 40 cut out on the Cricut with the Doodletype font using Really Rust and Close to Cocoa cardstock. Beers are from the fabulous Cheers to You set and coloured with my Su markers and added some liquid pearls on top for the froth!. Wording done on my PC and added some SU buttons with linen thread tied through.


Very simple yes, but not many blokes like fussy I figured!!!
Jules
x

5 comments:

  1. Great card. Like your blog a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant,luv the big numbers too :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely simple card Jules. Perfect for a man. Love the little beers!
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules it's lovely, I'm not very good with Male cards myself so I'm always looking for ideas.

    ReplyDelete