Thursday 24 July 2008

The end of an era!

The last few days have been very emotional for me. I finished my teaching job that I have had for the last 4 years. I have beem teaching pre-school music classes 3 mornings a week but have got too busy with my own business to carry on. I knew it was going to be hard to say goodbye to the children but it was much worse than I ever thought.
Over the years I have taught hundreds of children and babies and met some lovely families, it has been a pleasure to watch them grow up!!
I was overwhelmed by the generosity and kindness of the families and have added some pictures below of a selection of the goodies I received
In all I had 17 lots of flowers, 4 bottles of wine, 7 boxes of chocolates, some other gifts, but best of all was a solid silver mirror compact from Links of London which one class had bought me and had engraved with a special message for me. I will treasure this forever.


Some of the flowers and about a third of the cards!
More flowers on my kitchen table, had to drag out some old vases for these!!

This is my favourite arrangement, some gorgeous orange and pink roses in a metal pot all tied up beautifully, I LOVE it!!

I have felt a bit fed up this week but I know its only because I will miss all the children. I am sure I will soon be OK when I can spend 5 days a week at home from September

Jules
x


3 comments:

  1. WOW, look at all those flowers. What an emotional day, I am sure you will enjoy your free time come September. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Julie! You got sooo many flowers!!! I bet it smells great in your house,lol!!!
    You will soon come round,change is difficult :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, how beautiful I bet you are a well loved teacher Jules. I bet it was really emotional but I wish you well in your business and I am sure you will enjoy having some free time to yourself too x

    ReplyDelete